1) APU Udine won in both matches played this season against Verona. On 15 September, for the first phase of the LNP Super Cup, the Old Wild West beat Tezenis at the “Carnera” for 72-62, in a match addressed already in the first half (45-33). For the Friulians 15 with 9 rebounds by Brandon Walters and 14 by Marco Giuri; for Verona 13 by Grant. Friulian success also on 30 April, on the occasion of the last match of the championship clock phase, always played at home. Coach Boniciolli’s men won 73-68 over Tezenis, at the end of a balanced challenge, with 16 points each by Alessandro Cappelletti (with 9 assists) and Federico Mussini. Tezenis’ best scorer was Karvel Anderson with 15 points.
2) Second consecutive final for the promotion for Udinese Basketball Friends, after that of 2020/21 with Napoli, even then for the Gold Scoreboard, for 1-3. The Friulians, winners of the A2 Italian Cup this season, aim to be the fourth team in the LNP era to obtain the double Italian Cup-promotion in A. A feat already successful at Virtus Bologna (2016/17), Treviso Basket (2018/19 ) and Napoli Basket (2020/21). In the past, other clubs based in Udine obtained promotions in the top flight: the Udinese Basketball Association 3 times (1967/68, 1983/84 and 1985/86) and Pallalcesto Amatori Udine (PAU) in 1999/00, overcoming in the final 3-1 Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. At the helm of the then Snaidero Matteo Boniciolli, who returned to Udine in the summer of 2020, and also in the second consecutive final.
3) The Scaligera Basket Verona reaches the final for the admission to Serie A for the first time. The current Scaligera, refounded in 2007, is the heir of the Club which obtained two promotions in the top flight in the 1990/91 seasons (coach Alberto Bucci , season in which the Gialloblù also won the Italian Cup) and in 1992/93 (on the bench Franco Marcelletti). On both occasions the Venetians were directly promoted, closing the regular season of A2 in the first two places.
4) In the Old Wild West roster there are six veterans from the 2021 final with Naples: Federico Mussini (then injured), Michele Antonutti, Marco Giuri, Vittorio Nobile, Francesco Pellegrino and Nazzareno Italiano, in addition to the coach Boniciolli. Alessandro Cappelletti also played in the final last season, but with the Basket Torino shirt, in the Silver Scoreboard (2-3 with Tortona). Previously Giuri had already played and won the Legadue final in 2011/12 with Brindisi, beating Pistoia 3-1. As well as Mussini, promoted to Serie A in 2017/18 with Trieste (3-0 final over Casale Monferrato). For Italian and coach Boniciolli final act with Fortitudo Bologna, in 2015/16 (2-3 with Brescia). Captain Michele Antonutti (2011/12 with Reggio Emilia, climbed at the end of the regular season) also boasts a promotion to Serie A on the Friulian roster.
5) The Veronese coach Alessandro Ramagli is looking for the third promotion to Serie A in his career as head coach, after those with Pesaro (Legadue 2006/07, 3-1 final over Pavia) and with Virtus Bologna (2016/17, 3- 0 on Trieste) .The Livorno coach also celebrated with Biella, in the A2 2000/01, as assistant to Marco Crespi. The Gialloblù captain Guido Rosselli has already obtained four promotions in the top flight (Rieti in 2006/07, PMS Torino in 2014/15, Virtus Bologna in 2016/17, with coach Ramagli at the helm, and Fortitudo Bologna in 2018/19). In two out of four cases, admission to the higher category took place at the end of the playoffs (Turin 2015, 3-2 over Agrigento, and Virtus Bologna 2017, 3-0 over Trieste). In the Virtus Bologna promoted in 2017 there was also Lorenzo Penna, currently injured. Finally, two promotions in the top league, finally, for Giovanni Pini, but both took place without going through the playoffs: with Reggio Emilia, in the Legadue 2011/12, and with Fortitudo Bologna, in the A2 2018/19.
#Final #Scoreboard #Gold #UdineVerona