The Ohio Capital Conference Mission Statement
The Mission of the Ohio Capital Conference shall be:
1. To maintain a position of statewide leadership in the conduct of interscholastic athletics in a manner consistent with the Conference's values.
2. To value adherence to the highest standards of education, academic achievement, ethical conduct, sportsmanship, and a continuing commitment to gender equity and ethnic diversity.
3. To sustain the Conference's unparalleled record of athletics excellence.
4. To emphasize the welfare of the student-athlete throughout the enterprise and provide opportunity and encouragement for each participant in an Ohio Capital Conference program to acquire a quality education and the skills necessary to function as a productive member of society.
5. To assure each member institution's commitment to the Conference's values, and, in so doing, to foster quality relationships among members and to manage the tensions that frequently surface in a competitive environment.
6. To frequently reassess the scope and quality of the Conference's programs and policies and progressively evaluate new technologies and opportunities to enhance programs.